Monday, July 23, 2007

fog on the mountain

Oy!
My informal Portuguese lessons have begun. Bellini, one of the Brazilian volunteers is giving me Portuguese lessons and I am giving him English lessons. We practice in the Library after dinner. All I can say is that I have a lot of work to do. The pronunciation is extremely difficult for me.
My notes are taped to the wall around my bed so that I can practice when I wake and before I go to bed.
Something has decided to make two cocoons on the curtains near my bed. I am not excited about this. I am not at all thrilled. I am trying to remain calm, but this is not a good situation and I am afraid that if I attempt to remove them whatever is inside the cocoon will jump out at me and James my bug killer is away on a fundraising trip in Boston. I feel a panic attack approaching. I'm talking two humongous cocoons. HUGE!!!!!
I am excited about the fact that I have found my local NPR station. It's one of the only stations that works, so now I can stay connected to the world.
We have a huge television with like 500 channels, but everyone uses it and I can never catch the BBC news (i'm such a dork!), but I can watch Sex and the City reruns around 11pm, when the t.v. traffic dies down. A few of us gather around with treats, a little tradition of sorts.
Ok
Boa Noite

No comments: