Tuesday, July 10, 2007

frustration 101

We are in Rhode Island promoting IICD until Saturday. I'll start by saying that Rhode Island is beautiful. Yesturday we were in Providence and it's cute and funky and artsy and the Brown University college town is a blast. Today we went to Newport which is so beautiful and quaint. We have been putting up flyers and promoting the program. It's been a great experience. I'm on a team of two, myself and a Brazilian lady named Val. We have a car (i'm the driver) and a gps system and our goal is to cover Rhode Island. We've made amazing progress. We are staying at an apartment found for us on a site called globalfreeloaders.com, it's great and our food budget is five dollars a day, so we've been fundraising food. Today we were able to get lunch free from Domino's Pizza and dinner free from a wonderful Greek place.
So why you may ask is this entitled frustration 101, well here goes my rant of the hour!
Frustration 101 :
1) Am driving with a GPS system that cuts on and off and I keep getting lost
2) Was on hold with the NYC Board of Education for over 30 minutes today and I still wasn't able to speak with a human. I am trying to get ahold of almost a thousand dollars worth of missing checks from my afterschool Drama program that I directed during the school year.
3) While on hold with the Board of Ed, I was attacked by an unidentifiable beetle-like insect that bit me on my left arm causing me to drop my phone causing it to break into two parts.
I now have no phone!
4) In an attempt to fix my phone situation I asked a girl in Office Max for a phone book so I could look up Sprint stores, there was only one listed and it was and hour away.
When I finally made my way to the store, they told me that they couldn't help me, so I cancelled my service and now really have no phone and have lost everyone's contact information.
5) There are other reasons that I can't post on a public site...
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Pics from today:

No comments: