Thursday, July 12, 2007

hot hot hot















Today was a scorcher!
We were out in the hot hot sun postering at two universities. This is becoming redundant, I know this, but Rhode Island is so beautiful. I took more pictures today. We have handed out all of our news bulletins and have about 500 more posters to hand out. We've been really successful. The people here are so open to our postering and advertising efforts is great.
I went for a quick dip (in my clothes) in a body of water near one of the universities, it was refreshing. The bees were out in full swing :-( and of course, because i've had such great luck with the insects lately, I swallowed one while chatting it up with Krista on my phone.
Sojourner + Cell Phone + Insects = Catastrophe!

3 comments:

Susan said...

You SWALLOWED a bee?! Poor Sojo. I stepped on a bee earlier this summer, and I thought THAT was bad.

Your hat is too cute.

Keep cool!

Sojourner Williams said...

Susan, not only did I swallow it, but I swear it tried to murder me. It was
still kicking for a while after the initial swallow.
When you stepped on your guy, did you get stung?

Susan said...

That's horrible! Knowing how you feel about bugs, that must have been a particularly unpleasant experience!

Yeah, the bee stung me on the bottom of my foot :( I was walking my kids through a park on a field trip. It hurt.