Sunday, September 23, 2007

the bear is back!

So yesterday I went for a nice hour long walk in the woods in the morning. It was great. The leaves were beautiful, the air was warm, the birds were singing. I'm just trotting deeper and deeper into the woods and suddenly I see this black thing the size of a four door sedan near a stream. Hmmm.. I think to myself, what could that be??? Then as if it heard my thoughts, a bear lifts it's head and stares directly at me. I'm looking at it, and it's looking at me. Slowly I began to take steps backwards. It's still looking at me, I'm still stepping backwards. Then as if I didn't even exist, it goes back to drinking it's water and I turn around and RUN!!!!!!!!!

Day two of building week was yesterday as well. I painted some more ceilings. Picked some flowers and basically that was that. No injuries, no worries.

Brunch time, tciao!

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's awesome! I wish I could see a bear.

I promise I'm gonna give you a call soon!!!!

Sojourner Williams said...

The bears are actually really cute. They have little brown spots on their noses or under their chins. But, yeah, I don't get too close for obvious reasons.