Tuesday, October 16, 2007

ring a ling ling

My ears are buzzing. I set off the ADT alarm system about forty minutes ago when I arrived home from fundraising. It was terrible. There were lights and the noise kept changing decibels and I couldn't cut it off. I have such a headache right now. It took the police about 20 minutes to arrive, just to say they could do nothing. Luckily my drivers licence matches my home address otherwise I'd be in the back of a squad car right about now. So the officer is in the house trying to figure out how to cut the power to silence the screaming machine and suddenly, after a half an hour of agony, it hit me, I remembered the code. I punched it in and there was sweet silence. The officer looked at me like I was an idiot, which, well...um...er...

Fundraising was a success
my team is on the right track
we move in to Buffalo tomorrow until Friday

The weather is beautiful again
I'm ready to finish strong

2 comments:

maureen said...

Hey lady! I feel like i haven't seen you in FOREVER but don't worry... I've been keeping tabs on you! I'm glad to read that your fundraising went well. I'll be up there this week I think on Thursday. I added you to my blogroll I hope you don't mind.
Stay wonderfully beautifully (but then, how could you not?)!!!

Sojourner Williams said...

I'll see you Thursday and Maureen we need to talk about the ghosts in Brook House!