Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mozambicans tend to be on the short side and slender. I'm only 5'6" and I feel like a tree stump sometimes in the U.S. but here, I am the height of an average man, or a little bit taller. It's like when I was in Thailand where everyone was for the most part tiny tiny tiny. I get so claustrophobic in my bathroom shower hut because the thatched roof is only three inches from the top of my head and it's teeming with giant spiders and roaches. Way too close for comfort. I'm a girl who needs wide open space!

Oh and Freddy, and anyone else who would like to visit. F.Y.I., yes, there are direct flights from Johannesburg to Inhambane. They are about $130.00 U.S. round-trip.

Boa Tarde!

1 comment:

kgostosa said...

Wow! Is all I can say! I love those bug stories, they are cracking me up! I know how much you hate them. I wonder if your fear will be increased or decreased by being so much closer to nature. : ) So many parts of your blog were making me either laugh out loud or shake my head in amazement. You are experiencing some amazing things it sounds like. I'll send you a message via email/myspace --Krista