Friday, February 12, 2010

Bon Soir Montreal!

I chose Amtrak and their motto seems to be "easy does it." My ride to Montreal was extremely comfortable. I have actually arrived an hour early, which is quite amazing for Amtrak. The ride from New York, Penn Station was a serene ten hours and a half (yep). But as we cruised the scenery was amazing. The Adirondak mountains stood watch in the distance. We passed lakes where ice jutted out of the sapphire, snow frosted water like colonies of crystals shimmering in the sun.

I am here to see Lynne. Lynne of Mozambique fame (reference entries way way down....no...keep going...there you go). It has been over a year since I said farewell to Lynne near the dusty Mercado Central in Inhambane and over a decade since I've last set foot in Montreal (I used to go every February in high school with the French teacher).

My main objective during this trip - catch-up with Lynne of course and EAT EAT EAT!

No comments: