Tuesday, July 17, 2007

mountain mowing

Today I learned the intricate art of mowing a mountain. Believe it or not, i've never mowed a lawn before and today I learned how. We have morning chores and this was mine. It was fun at first, it was almost zen then came the hills. It's such hard work to mow up-hill, I was sweating and panting and well, I got my workout for the day. Then I hit a rock and the machine started smoking (thick billows of blue smoke) and well, that was the end of that.

No bear sightings today. I have been paranoid though. Ever since our cook-out last night, i've been paranoid about ghosts. Some former volunteers talked about how weird things have happened on the mountain. I was really scared and am now paranoid and of course the house i'm supposed to move into in a few weeks is the one that's "haunted". Hmmmmm...

A few new people have arrived and one is American, yay!!!!!! I've got someone, another girl to talk to and relate to. She is also on the promotions team and today (and this was very bizarre at first) we went door to door inviting people to our big open house event. It was interesting. We met our neighbors and got to see some beautiful houses.

We have two new dogs on the mountain, two poodles. It's great to be around so many animals. They protect us from the bears ;0) We've got five dogs and three cats now. The kittens are my favorites, I always bring them into my room to play, they remind me of my little Martha who is somewhere out there.

No comments: