Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Night Shift

I have no idea how I am going to sleep. I am making myself crazy!!!! I've been sitting here (since I have so much to do...) researching and identifying all of the nasty bugs that I've seen. It turns out the giant tropical centipede that I found in my room last week is poisonous and can inflict a sometimes paralyzing bite. One was in the bath hut with me this morning too. Isn't that fantastic!

Furthermore, the lovely tarantula-cousin spider that paid me a visit last night is a nocturnal hunter with a painful bite considering that their fangs are very strong. So in two hours, when night falls I will be paralyzed with fear underneath my mosquito tent praying that I won't have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Praying for a miracle, to be knocked out completely from six in the evening to six in the morning so that I see nothing and have no more bad experiences.

I'm one step away from an early plane ticket home!

TRACY IF YOU ARE READING THIS
HURRY HOME NOW!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kgostosa said...

Well I have caught up on your blog once again, and that is CRAZINESS!!! The good thing is, I think you may not be afraid of our non-poisonous centipedes when you get back here. What is it bugs don't like, smoke? I guess I don't want to encourage you to fall asleep with candles burning, but OH! Are there any stray cats you can take in? That could help. Keep the faith, girl. These things are awful now, but they're amazing stories for later!

Susan said...

A solution to your problem with having to leave your bed in the middle of the night:

http://www.comforthouse.com/porjoh.html

I kid, I kid.

I'm sorry things are going so badly for you but just remember that these bugs are not going to attack you out of nowhere. If you stay out of their way (and I know you will), you'll be fine!!!

Don't buy that return ticket home just yet.